Nutrition is an essential, and often neglected, component of our daily wellbeing. Your body deserves nutritious fuel to perform your best. Dieting is out and healthy eating is in.
The food we eat not only affects our physical health, but our emotional and mental health as well. A well-balanced diet can support successful performance in the classroom and on the athletic field!
Core Concepts of Healthy Eating
- Healthy eating patterns are not a diet but an adaptable approach to how you eat everyday.
- Dedicate time to eat. Have a dependable schedule for mealtimes free of work and distractions.
- Focus on variety, nutritional value, and matching portions to your needs
- Be mindful of added sugars, saturated fats & sodium
- Increase energy
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Improve skin
- Reduce risk of heart disease and cancer
- Increase productivity
- Improve mood & self-esteem
Set up a consultation with an HUHS dietitian by calling 617-495-2068. They’re here to coach and support you.