Research shows that during transition to college, students typically neglect their physical activity and focus on their school work. Not only does this hinder your physical wellbeing, but a lack of physical activity can actually hurt your academic performance!
The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity a week, with at least two days of muscle-strengthening activity.
|Moderate Intensity Aerobic Activity||Vigorous Intensity Aerobic Activity|
Lucky for us, Cambridge is an extremely walkable city. Find the time to get your body moving!Tips
- Walk or bike for your commute
- Sign up for classes at the gym
- Schedule your workout plan for the week
- Workout first thing in the morning before life gets in the way
- Park in the back of the parking lot
- Take the stairs
- Reduce stress
- Increase energy
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Improve memory, focus & productivity
- Better sleep
- Improve mood & self-esteem