Emotional wellbeing involves recognition and acceptance of all of your thoughts and feelings, whether positive or negative. Staying in tune with your emotions is critical to maintaining balance and resiliency. Emotional health will enable you to cope with stress, work productively, and recognize your true potential.
Foster your Emotional Wellbeing
- Take time to yourself to quiet your mind and reflect
- Get involved in extracurricular activities
- Share your thoughts and feelings with someone you trust, and listen to others’ emotions too
- Take care of your body. Eat well, exercise, and sleep – your mental & physical health are all interconnected
- Laugh! Don’t take life so seriously. Sometimes humor is the best medicine to decrease stress and put life’s challenges in perspective
- Be kind to yourself. We are our own harshest critics. Liberate yourself from unnecessary self-judgement by practicing self-compassion. Create your own affirmation!
- Clearer mind
- Improved productivity
- Better mood
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Better communication skills
- HUHS Counseling & Mental Health
- Student Mental Health Liaisons
- Contact – Confidential Peer Counseling