Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get an athletic membership from the Recreation Department? Do I need one for CW classes?

The Center for Wellness classes are NOT part of the Harvard Recreation department, and no membership is required.  The Recreation exercise classes that meet in the Malkin Athletic Center (MAC), Hemenway Gym, and some other Harvard facilities are administered by the Harvard Recreation department. Information about Recreation memberships, eligibility, and class access can be found at or by calling 617.496.1585.

How do I get tested for STIs at HUHS?

To receive STI testing at HUHS you must first sign into the HUHS Patient Portal. Once you are signed in, select "Primary Care" appointment and then "STI Testing". You will now be able to select a date and time to meet with someone on your PCP's team to receive the most appropriate STI tests. 

How much sleep do I really need?

According to the National Sleep Foundation, all adults over the age of 18 should get between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night. Only you will know exactly what is right for you, but staying between 7 and 9 hours is highly recommended to feel like your best self. Head to our sleep page for more information.

What forms of payment do you accept?

The Center for Wellness accepts credit/debit cards, personal checks, term bill (students), or payroll deduction (employees). We do not accept cash.