How do I get an athletic membership from the Recreation Department? Do I need one for CW classes?

The Center for Wellness classes are NOT part of the Harvard Recreation department, and no membership is required.  The Recreation exercise classes that meet in the Malkin Athletic Center (MAC), Hemenway Gym, and some other Harvard facilities are administered by the Harvard Recreation department. Information about Recreation memberships, eligibility, and class access can be found at or by calling 617.496.1585.