The safety of our clients and staff is our first priority as we reopen. All Harvard University Health Services guidelines in regards to COVID-19 are being followed. This involves screening everyone who enters the Smith Campus Center, weekly testing for staff, and frequent disinfection of all high-touch surfaces. Last updated 8/2/21
We have implemented the following protocols as part of our reopening plan:
- Two-point symptom check: We check with every patient at least twice before any appointment to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19: once before the appointment and again when they arrive.
- Masks for everyone: All staff, patients, and essential patient companions must wear a surgical mask at all times. A new surgical mask will be provided to everyone who arrives.
- Touch-free check-in: Registration, scheduling, check-in, and payment are all contactless or completed prior to the appointment. You can choose pay ahead for your appointment online to expedite check-in.
- Staff precautions: Our staff are tested weekly for COVID-19. All staff members must also attest to their wellbeing prior to every shift by using the University's Crimson Clear application to confirm they do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19. If a staff member reports any symptoms, they cannot return to work until they are evaluated and fully recovered. To protect themselves and patients, our practitioners wear masks and scrub tops when interacting with patients. You can also request they wear gloves during your treatment if you prefer.
- Hand hygiene: Hand hygiene is the foundation of our safety plan. Staff members will wash their hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after they care for you. Hand hygiene products are readily accessible for everyone to use throughout our facility.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection: We will maintain our high cleaning standards and continue to use hospital-approved disinfectants for removing coronaviruses to frequently clean and disinfect treatment rooms, high-touch areas, and common spaces like lobbies, hallways, and waiting rooms. As always, medical equipment and treatment rooms are cleaned before and after every use. The table, chair, bolster, face cradle, and door handles are all disinfected between every appointment.
- Facility changes: Our facilities have been redesigned to accommodate appropriate physical distancing and pedestrian traffic flow. We continually monitor the facility to ensure physical distancing and mask usage are maintained.
Clients should also be aware that they may need to enter the Smith Campus Center from the Mount Auburn Street or basement entrances. If you have access to Crimson Clear, completing that prior to arrival can expedite the screening process.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to seeing you again!
The Center for Wellness